Way back in 2005, I converted my website (and its predecessor) over to Drupal. Drupal has served me well for the last 13 years, but due to the direction in which Drupal as a product has moved, I do not feel it is the right choice for me anymore.
So I instead checked out WordPress, and was rather happy with it. It does one thing (blogging) really really well, instead of trying to be the “kitchen sink” like Drupal. As of this writing, I’ve ported over just about all of the content I wanted to port over, and have since switched www.dmuth.org to point to this WordPress Install.
Along the way, I learned some thing about how to set up and configure WordPress, let me share them with you:
- WordPress 5 in Docker with Nginx and LetsEncrypt
- Essential WordPress Modules
- Fixing The Cover Image Height In WordPress’s Twenty Seventeen Theme
- Fixing the Homepage Post Width in WordPress’s Twenty Seventeen Theme
- Fixing Image Sizes on WordPress Attachment Pages
Looking forward to running this platform for the next 13 years. 🙂